The fundamental belief of Needville High School is all students can learn with a positive self-image, motivation, and participation. Knowing that a motivating factor for students is a strong curriculum, the high school has focused instruction in areas of known student weaknesses so that all students may have the opportunity to become patriotic, well-motivated citizens of this society.
The vision for Needville High School is to maintain the importance of developing character and discipline, in conjunction with academic and intellectual growth, to find ways to tap into the potential of ALL students and to provide opportunities for this potential to be nourished, grow, blossom and come to fruition, to continue as a team, to address areas of concern and find creative and productive ways to remedy these areas, and to continue to grow in our ability to serve the students and the community of Needville.
The goals for Needville High School for the 2018-19 school year are:
- To maintain the high expectations and achievements of our students;
- To increase our English I and II EOC pass rate to more than 10% above the state average;
- To increase our commended scores in all EOC tests to more than 20% above the state average;
- To implement a locally based writing across the curriculum initiative and the Fundamental 5;
- To have a smooth transition to the T-TESS appraisal system;
- To become a nationally recognized high school.