I. Semester exam exemptions must meet the following criteria:
- Grade/Absence requirements:
- Grade of 70 and no absences
- Grade of 75 and 1 absence
- Grade of 80 and 2 absences
- Grade of 85 and 3 absences
- Grade of 90 and 4 absences
- Cannot exceed 2 days ISS and/or OSS assignment in the semester of exemption.
- No AEP assignments for the semester of exemption.
- No outstanding fines or fees.
- Dual Credit and Concurrent Enrollment classes are not covered by this policy.
- This policy applies to both semester and full year classes.
- Seniors can be exempt from both fall and spring exams. Underclassmen can be exempt from spring exams only.
- Exemptions will be posted by Monday, Dec. 17 (Fall) and Tuesday, May 22 for seniors (Spring) and Friday, May 25 (Spring) for underclassmen.
- Minimum grade and absence requirements range from the start of each semester to Dec.17 for the Fall semester and May 25 (May 21 for seniors) for the Spring semester.
- Any student that exceeds the number of absences, but has a grade that is 90 or higher and has scored masters level on the EOC for that class, can be exempt from the final for that class only.
- Fall semester exams only.
The students that took a HS STAAR EOC test in the Spring of 2018 have the opportunity to exempt 1 or 2 classes based on their performance on that test. If they scored “Meets” they can be exempt from 1 test and if the student scored “Masters” they can exempt from 2 tests. The exemption can be applied to any final exam in the Fall semester. In order for a student to use the exemption, they must meet all of the other guidelines of the exemption policy; grades, attendance, discipline, etc.
Semester Exam Schedule
First Semester: Tuesday, December 18, 2018
Second Semester: Tuesday, May 28, 2019
Period 4 8:00 – 10:00
Period 8 10:05 – 12:05
First Semester: Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Second Semester: Wednesday, May 29, 2019
Period 3 8:00 – 10:00
Period 7 10:05 – 12:05
First Semester: Thursday, December 20, 2018
Second Semester: Thursday, May 30, 2019
(Senior Exams for Periods 2 and 6 will be given on Thursday, May 23, 2019)
Period 2 8:00 – 10:00
Period 6 10:05 – 12:05
First Semester: Friday, December 21, 2018
Second Semester: Friday, May 31, 2019
(Senior Exams for Periods 1 and 5 will be given on Friday, May 24, 2019)
Period 1 8:00 – 10:00
Period 5 10:05 – 12:05
Students will not be allowed to leave early on exam days unless the student is exempt. All non-exempt students will be released at 12:05. Any student wishing to eat lunch may remain for lunch and then leave afterward or wait for buses to run at normal times. Any student that misses the scheduled exam date due for any reason will not be allowed to make up his/her test during other testing times. Makeup times will be Monday, January 7, 2019, at 1:00 PM for the first semester and Monday, June 3, 2019, at 1:00 PM for the second semester.
Exams will not be given early for any reason.